yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:35 AM
Ornaments

I've been looking for a "Baby's First Christmas" for Anna (my younger daughter's baby) but everything locally was sold out. And now, I'm a little bit glad about that.

I decided to search online and started with eBay. I had bid on an ornament, but lost the auction. Though there were others types (and even more of the one I lost), the cheapskate it me surfaced and I decided to browse a little and see what I might find. Eventually, I found a nicer one -- but still I waivered. It would be an additional $15 to have it shipped to Canada from the US.

So I browsed some more. And this morning I found this one -- which can be personalized -- at www.lenox.com . I ended up having my sister order it and she'll bring it up from the States next time she visits. I'm not a huge fan of kitsche and generally speaking, anything "personalized" doesn't do much for me. However, I make all exceptions for Christmas keepsakes.

As for my inner cheapskate? Once I saw this, I studiously ignored her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects