yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:27 PM
Red Hat Society
My mom has decided to join the Red Hat Society. I'm not exactly sure what the ladies do -- I suspect it might involve panties and Tom Jones, but that's entirely speculation on my part. So, Mom's commissioned me to make her a, well, red hat. She had found a pattern in an old Paton's book from the 60's. I know she like it a lot, but my answer when she asked me to make it was "You're not serious, are you?" I think that may have dampened her enthusiasm for the style.

So, I went out and got this book. It actually has some cute things in it -- particularly the slippers, but also a nice cloche (not the one on the cover, though that's cute too - just not so much for a senior citizen, imho). I know I have some genuine wool tucked away that might just felt up perfectly. Of course, I say this without ever having felted a thing in my life -- I'm just buying into the propoganda that it's soooo easy! Next weekend, work permitting, I'm going to try a slipper. If it goes well -- then it's on to the hat!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that book. My favourite yarns for felting are Plymouth Galway and Paton's Classic Wool. Pretty much no fail results every time. I look forward to seeing your slipper! :) Have a happy Tuesday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects