yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:37 PM
Now if I could ony finish....
I've been poking away at the mountains of yarn I have to work through, and while that pile doesn't seem to be decreasing all that much (there always seems to be one more "Oh my god, there's another box!" at the back of the closet, the pile of completed (and nearing completion) projects is coming along.

Witness the baby sweater to the left. The pattern in here. I added the yellow stripes (and I'll do the same on the sleeves), partly because I had yellow to use up but also because I wasn't entirely sure I'd have enough blue. I think I could have added another band of yellow around the chest -- but I like it all the same.

I need some nice buttons though -- something cute and probably blue & yellow, and I guess maybe a little boyish. Any suggestions, including suggestions for online button stores?

And, because one new project is never enough, I found a pattern book for cabled mitts knit in a bulky weight yarn. And two needle mitts at that - dead easy to knit, I just wish the seams would sew themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects