yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:22 PM
Moving right along
There is a teensy little bit of work left -- weave in a few ends -- but I'm calling this one complete. The yarn is, as I've mentioned, a "bargain brand", but overall I'm pleased. I certainly like the result -- I think the cables pop really nicely -- and I really like the colour. On the dowside, I ended up short (finishing at 7" X 50.5"). And the yarn itself is very stiff -- so it's more of a "fold in front" than "wrap around the neck" kind of scarf. It will find a home somewhere, I hope.

So, moving right along, it's on to more stash busting. I have slightly less than 5 balls of an acryllic/wool/mohair combination in a really lovely burgandy combination. I tried, briefly, cabling it (using the same pattern as the pink scarf) but quickly realized that wasn't going to work out (the cables just....melted). So I'm looking for a lace scarf pattern. I'm trying out this Diamond Scarf pattern right now -- but I'm not overly thrilled. The original is lovely, but my attempt (bearing in mind I'm using a different yarn and different needles) is, I think, falling a bit short. I'm going to complete at least one full repeat of the pattern and then decide.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Ada said…

    Beautiful scarf.
    Happy New Year!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects