yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:50 PM
One down...but....
The stocking cap is done. The pattern is from a very old book (circa 1960) that I got from my mother-in-law. There are some frightful looking hats in there, but this one was cute. And, judging from my nieces' reactions -- it should go over well. Despite the fact that we have no real need for winter hats around here, they both asked if I would knit them one. Which of course, I will.

Not the stocking cap though. I thought this might be a little more fun for a milder climate. They both want it in pink (of course), so I thought I might find some ribbon to weave through the hearts -- different colours there to know which is which.

As for the stocking cap and mittens -- those are the first completed projects for my charity knitting for this year (well, for any year since this is the first year I'm doing it). While I'll probably keep to hats & mitts, my goal is one project per month -- 12 finished goods at the end of the year. Now, the question is, will I fudge the count and mark a matching hat and mitts as two items? I suspect I'll find out that answer in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects