yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:43 PM
Emergency posting
I don't usually post from work - this is in fact a first - but I want to get this down before I forget. I was telling a co-worker about the "Newfoundland mittens" that I started (I scrapped the socks and switched projects, but that's a story for another post). She was interested to see the work in progress so I brought it in after lunch and showed it to her.

Another co-worker was present. She looked at me incredulously and said "You have time to knit? I have so much to do, I don't have time for that!" And, she followed it up with, "Besides, my husband saw me knitting once and told me I was too young to knit."

Oh. My. God.

I believe my right eye imploded as I kept my temper in control. How dare, how dare, she question the amount of time I work and what I do with the time I have left over. And "I'm too young to knit"? Aaarrggghhhh.....I can't even type an answer to that.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger tammy said…

    Nice. You be careful you don't break a hip now! What with being old and all.

    Sheesh, silly woman.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh She is just jealous because she does not KNow How to knit..
    I bet if you got some others interested in knitting at work that she would be sticking her nose in their too :)

    Penny
    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects