yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:07 PM
Thanksgiving dinner
The table is set. I debated using paper plates, but decided on the china (actually, it was my mother-in-law's) at my husband's urging. He pointed out that if we continue to save it for a special occasion, and if Thanksgiving doesn't qualify as that, then what occasion possibly would? Plus, with only six of us, it's not like we'll be doing dishes forever. And I do love my dining room, so any excuse to use it works for me.



The turkey is cooking. I always seem to make far too much stuffing - but this year, it was exactly perfect. I'm not sure if that's an omen...but I know it's smelling awfully damned good in here right now...and there's still 3 more hours of cooking to go!


And the last dozen Cob's Bakery dinner buns, fresh baked this morning, are waiting. If you know the Lower Mainland, then you probably know Cob's Bakery...and you know why my husband had to get there by 9 am today to get the rolls. Yum.

Time for me to have a shower and then maybe squeeze in a bit of knitting on the pink cardigan before it's time to peel the potatoes and prep the brussel sprouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects