yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:39 PM
It's back to the needles

So, here I am, back again. One might think back from the dead, but nothing nearly so dramatic. It's been a busy summer with work, squeezing in a week's vacation (the photo is from our trip down the Oregon coast), and spending far too much time playing World of Warcraft. While I still like playing the game, I've recently come to realize that although it doesn't make me feel as old as I am, it makes me realize how young I'm not. Which can be more than a little depressing. So I'm making a huge effort to break that particular addiction -- and focus more time on the addiction that matters...knitting!


To that end, I give you a little cardigan that's in the works. Ideally, it will be completed for Christmas for Anna, and since I like knitting it so well, there might well be a second coming for Lisa -- though there's another cardigan already well underway for her (an update on that later). The yarn is nothing fancy, a simple worsted acrylic. I know, acrylic is a four letter word -- but really, this is going to a busy household for a two year old. It just seems so much more practical versus a high mainteance fiber.

The cardigan is knit in one piece, save for the sleeves - so hurrah for not much making up in the end - and the pattern is included in the Fall/2006 issue of "Knit It".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects