yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:44 PM
Two hats are better than one...
In a slight detour from the Christmas knitting (undoubtedly the first of many, many detours), I've made a couple of little hats for my nieces. The youngest (almost 4) is particularly fascinated by my knitting and on her last visit asked if I would make her a hat (she'd tried on the stocking cap). I said I would love to and her answer still makes me giggle:

"Should I go upstairs and wait while you knit it?"

Well, I didn't finish during her visit, but they did knit up very quickly (one for each of the two girls).



The "heart" one is from this pattern and the lace one is an adaptation of this pattern. Now I'm just hoping they'll fit -- our family's skulls tend to the larger size and I know my older niece already has trouble fitting hats that are sized for kids. Our family motto should be "One size fits all....not!"

1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those hats are adorable! What yarn did you use? Also, just so you're looking out for it, I sent your package yesterday! :) Have a great Thursday night!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects