yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:24 PM
It's beginning to look....
Did you realize that there are only 288 days until Christmas! Quite the shock to realize it's right around the corner, isn't it?

Well, I'm getting ahead of the game this year. I'm going to start planning (and knitting) gifts right now! First up, the scarf on the left. It's another Irish Hiking Scarf, but I love the pattern and how it knits up so it's not likely to be the last one you see here either. I'm contemplating adding the Irish Walking Hat, or a variation thereof, but I have a limited amount of yarn available. It's stash so old that I have no idea of its origins. In any case, it's intended for my older daughter.

Other potentials for gifts?

Husband: no clue. He's not a sweater kind of guy and mitts/scarfs/hats have limited usefulness where we live. I'll think on this a while.

Mother: pretty wide open for choices but limited windows of knitting opportunities since she lives with us. She does travel some -- so maybe I can work something in those absences?

Elder daughter: See above for the scarf. Also, I think I'll finish the Mariah for her. This would be a good choice both in style and colour. Plus, it would get another WIP off the needles! Wouldn't match the scarf at all though...but I can live with that.

Younger daughter: She's asked for a poncho, and even pre-approved a pattern. I have the yarn, I have the needles -- I just need to work it into the schedule. In addition, maybe a scarf as well? Possibly Wavy.

Younger daughter's fiance: No freaking clue. Definitely needs a little more planning -- and a whole lot more consulting.

Elder granddaughter: I picked up a kit today for a pullover. It is so adorable, I think I gasped out loud when I saw it. It features a picture of Jemima Puddle-Duck but it's not an overly complicated graphic, so for a first time intarsia it should be okay. I'll be casting it on very soon.

Younger granddaugther: I came across a pattern in a magazine for a cardigan and dress - so cute. I'm giving that one serious thought.

So, you see, it's not a long list....but it's got its share of challenges. The completion order (as I see it today) will be:

Scarf
Jemima
Mariah
Poncho
Everything else.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects