yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Sunday, October 08, 2006 10:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving

Technically, Thanksgiving is tomorrow but I'll be cooking a turkey dinner today for my husband, and my brother and his family. Just the six of us, but I'm sure it will be a lovely meal. All in all, a turkey dinner is an easy thing to cook - so it should be just a nice relaxing afternoon/evening. A little Canadian Thanksgiving trivia for you:

"The history of Thanksgiving in Canada goes back to an English explorer, Martin Frobisher, who had been trying to find a northern passage to the Orient. He did not succeed but he did establish a settlement in Northern America. In the year 1578, he held a formal ceremony, in what is now called Newfoundland, to give thanks for surviving the long journey. This is considered the first Canadian Thanksgiving. Other settlers arrived and continued these ceremonies. He was later knighted and had an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in northern Canada named after him - Frobisher Bay."

Source: Twilight Bridge


I've updated a few things on the blog, not the least of which is finally adding Tammy to my blog links. Long, long overdue. And I picked up her Library Thing link. I'll be spending more time poking around there!

I added a few things to my project section, and sadly only moved one to the completed section. I did delete one that I've abandoned completely...that counts as progress doesn't it? I console myself by remembering that I haven't added all the projects I did complete this year. Maybe not so much console as rationalize why those damned cabled mittens are sitting at the bottom of my basket. /sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects