yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Sunday, October 08, 2006 9:02 PM
The Pink Cardigan Blues
I've moved along on the pink cardigan and have reached the point for dividing for the armholes. In theory, this isn't a difficult task. Knit X stitches for right front, move to holder, cast off Y stitches for armhole, knit Z stitches for back, move to holder, cast off Y stitches for other armhole, knit remaining X stitches for left front, and continue on those X stitches. Not so hard.

The difficulty is the lace pattern. When dividing for the arms, one continues to knit in pattern - fair ball so far. However, the divides for the armholes end up with me having a yo at the end of a section - as in the last stitch is yarn over. At this point, though I've kept with the lace pattern I'm more than a little puzzled about how well this is going to look when I sew it up. For now, I'm going on faith and sticking with the pattern, but I'm going on record as a skeptic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects