yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:44 PM
Temptation

Some months ago, Tammy sent me this yarn as my secret pal. I was a little intimidated by it -- I desperately wanted to make a pair of socks, but the needles I needed were sooooo tiny and I've never had great luck turning a heel. But, finally, one night last week I could no longer resist its siren call. I absolutely love the colouring -- it's far less orange and much more burgandy than the picture would have you believe. I'm also loving the toe-up pattern, but I've run into troubles with the heel (no surprise there). I'll be making the second attempt as soon as I work up the nerve.

I can't say enough about how wonderful the fabric feels...it is the very definition of comfort. I find myself knitting the sock and being impatient about getting to wear it.

I do need to start setting some priorities for knitting -- there's no way in heck I'm going to make my Christmas list, but there's still hope of knocking off a few more items. I think I might take a project to work and fiddle with it on my coffee break. The problem there is I don't always take a coffee break so that might not get me much further ahead.

Seriously, could this post have been any more boring? I was contemplating entering the NaBloPoMo but, really, does the world need a month of posts like this one? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger tammy said…

    Ohhhhh! What a lovely looking sock. Don't worry, you'll totally kick that heel's tuckus.

    Makes me want to cast on some socks though, I got myself the same yarn in a blue colourway.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger tammy said…

    Oh! I forgot to mention. What are you doing this weekend? The Langley Spinners and Weavers Guild is having their annual show & sale in Fort Langley. It's the 35th anniversary and I always find something yummy to covet and buy. I'm going Saturday morning, if you want to come play we could meet up and fondle some yarn, maybe get a coffee. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects