yearning for yarn : my knitlog
Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:59 PM
And that's the weekend gone
I've had a great weekend. Some visiting, some tinkering, some knitting, some viewing, some shopping -- little bits of lots of things that made for a fun couple of days.

Saturday morning, I went to the Langley Spinners and Weavers Artisan Show in Fort Langley, BC, with Tammy. She was my secret pal a few months ago, and invited me to go with her. I'm so glad I did - she's so much fun, and so funny! There were some lovely things there, and I'm pleased to say that I was quite restrained in my purchasing (and not at all because Tammy had already bought everything! I'm kidding!) I bought some Opal sock yarn and some gorgeous handspun llama. I'm not sure yet where the llama will end up (for now I keep it close to hold against my skin every now and again).

As for the Opal, I originally thought of socks for me - but I think Lisa & Anna will like the colours a lot more. I'm going to stick to an easy pattern - speed is the name of the game for me at this point (since there are sweaters intended to be Christmas gifts for each of them languishing somewhere in the basket).

After the fibre show, I met up with my mother, my sister-in-law and a friend of Mom's to see "The Queen". I'm not going to gush, too much, but it was an amazing film. Helen Mirren, who's work I have long admired, was simply astounding. She brings to a role, no matter what the role, such dignity and intelligence. She is, in my opinion, too good for an Oscar. In any case, I highly recommend the film.

I've turned the heel on my socks - I'm too lazy to snap a shot right now. I've decided to make them plain all the way up to the ribbing. Boring, maybe, but it suits the patterns in the yarn. The heel turn wasn't perfect -- but the video about short rows here made it so much easier to understand. But...be sure to watch it to the end. and not try as it goes....there's a crucial bit of information you need which made all the difference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Other Obsessions

Knitting Links
Blogs I Like
Gossip
Previous Posts
Rings & Things



Last : List : Next
RingSurf


Last : List : Next : Random


Last : List : Next : Random


Locations of visitors to this page

Books

Credits

Powered by Blogger

  rock yer socks off!  Hit Counters
Projects